Thursday, April 23, 2015

Begin... again.

I've begun drawing again. Manually I guess you could say. Cheap sketchbook, Sharpies, Gellyroll pens. Simply making marks on paper. I've also purchased some ink and watercolor paper.

Simply making marks on paper.



I've posted a few of these marks... doodles actually, to Facebook, and it seems that people like my drawings. I mean to make them just as a sort of play, my art therapy, and it makes me happy that people like them, but too me they are only stepping stones as far as what's inside me to what I want to actually come out.

I constantly struggle with "finding my style", my "niche", etc. At nearly 50 years old I thought I would have found it by now.
And much like my love-affair with photography it seems that life gets in the way and I'm unable to build a body of work that feels progressive rather than random. There is also the thought that just because I do something well, or have the potential to do it well, doesn't mean that I should do it for a living. Maybe for now I just need to continue making my "marks", experiment, play, and eventually start to give myself little challenges and deadlines.


Until next time,

Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment