Sunday, April 26, 2015

Shopping Lady

My 40 hour job is retail. I've worked in retail for over 30 years. It can be a grind... crazy hours, a roller-coaster work schedule, nearly 8 continuous hours on your feet, working with the public. I deal with some real "characters" day in and day out. So I drew this lady (her name is Phyllis):


and then I added some color and a background:


I used Photoshop to color her in and added a "texture" on top of her using a "clipping mask". 

Drawing cartoon characters is one of my favorite things to do.

I would like to work at it more, practice drawing hands, improve my characters gestures and develop a consistent style. It's simply a matter of spending more time in the sketchbook I suppose. But no time for it today, as I have to get ready for an exciting 11:30am-8:30pm shift. 

Til next time,
:)
Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment