Saturday, March 8, 2014

Cross Block


I'm currently smitten with Cross Blocks, and after stumbling across Rachel at Wooden Spoon's diagram, I decided to give it a go. (Rachel also links to a smaller 5"version of the same block.) My block measures 11-3/4" square. I love the red, white and aqua color combo, but it's a color scheme that goes with absolutely nothing in my home decor, so I haven't decided whether I'll make it into something sweet and small (like a milk and cookie mug-rug) or a table mat or runner. I have a feeling that eventually my house will be decorated around my quilts, rather than choosing my fabrics to match my decor. :) Anyhow, I like this variation, because alternatively I could set it on-point, and make an "X" quilt. Yay.

Another version of the cross-block is this one, as shown and "tutorialized" (<----- I invented this word) by Jennifer @ Ellison Lane. I like this one too, the top & bottom of the cross are a bit more "squat" (<--- weird funny word). I've seen cross-block quilts like this in 2-color solids (black and white, red and white etc) and it looks amazing and graphic. This one is definitely on my quilt-bucket-list for 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment