Monday, March 10, 2014

Drawstring bag: "meow-meow".

This morning I made up this little drawstring bag using the now famous "Lined Drawstring Bag" tutorial from Jeni B @ In Color Order It's a wonderful and simple little tutorial, with easy step-by-step instructions and the all important pictures.
I've always had a soft-spot for 30's reproduction prints, and my little girl LOVES kitty-cats so when I saw this fabric from Wyndam at my LQS I knew it would be perfect. The adorable little ditzy blue flower print is Robert Kaufman, and the drawstrings are made from a fabric I picked up some time ago at Joann's. I'm only mildly bothered by the fact that the drawstring-pink is more saturated than the kitty cat print, but I don't think my daughter will mind a bit. This little bag will be the perfect place to store her little treasures. I'll probably whip up a few more, because they are quick and simple and cute. I can use them for little gift bags for birthdays or other occasions. The perfect little sewing project for when I need a little quality time with my sewing machine.

Give Jeni's tutorial a try! As I said it's easy and fun and in no time at all you'll have your own cute little bag for yourself or someone special! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment