Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Navy and Green Table Runner

I finally finished the little table-runner I've been working on this week. It's small, only 34" in length, but it fits crosswise on my dining table perfectly. The fabrics are all from Joann's. As soon as I finished the simple straight-lined quilting I wanted to face-palm myself: I should have done wavy lines-- they would have been perfect, kind of mimicking the shapes of the center fabric, but at that point it was too late! That's what I get for just jumping into it without a plan!



I enjoy sewing/quilting table runners, pillows, and other small projects. I usually only have small bits of time for projects, so these satisfy the need to create, and I have a better chance of finishing what I start! As much as I'd love to complete a small quilt (lap or twin size) I just haven't had a nice block of un-interrupted time to actually do it.


Anyway, back to the little table-runner: I surprised myself by hand stitching the binding. It was easy and actually quite a relaxing thing to do as I watched Property Brothers. :) My outcome isn't perfect... parts of the binding on the back seem a little wider than others, but my tiny stitches are nice and neat and virtually invisible. All-in-all it's a nice little runner, and I'm already planning my next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment